The European Commission will release the textile strategy later this year. What should be in it? Can we build a new business model based on sustainability, digitization, and fair trade?
The EP “Sustainable, Long-term investments & Competitive European Industry Intergroup” and EURATEX organise a webinar on 3 June 2021. It will address critical factors for building a competitive European textiles industry.
14.00 – 14.05 Opening remarks: Maria da Graça Carvalho, MEP
14:05 – 14:30 Sustainable Textiles: a business model for the future?
– Paola Migliorini, Deputy Head of Unit, Sustainable Production, Products & Consumption, DG ENVI, European Commission
– Valerie Boiten, Senior Policy Officer, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
– Sergio Tamborini, CEO, RATTI Spa and SMI President designate
Moderator: Mauro Scalia, Director Sustainable Businesses, EURATEX
14:30 – 14:55 Digital textiles: when innovation needs people
– Yves Paindaveine, Head of Unit “Digital Transformation of Industrial Ecosystems”, DG CONNECT
– Digital case study from the industry (tbc)
– Ana Pedrosa Rodrigues, Client Liaison, Pedrosa Rodrigues
Moderator: Lisa Lang, Associate Director Innovation & Skills, EURATEX
14:55 – 15:20 Global textiles: creating a world market for European quality
– Ignacio Garcia Bercero, Director Multilateral Affairs, Strategy, Analysis, Evaluation, DG TRADE, European Commission
– Judith Kirton-Darling, Deputy Secretary General, IndustriAll Europe
– Case study from the industry (tbc)
Moderator: Dirk Vantyghem, Director General, EURATEX
15.20 – 15.30 Closing remarks
Jean-François Gribomont, CEO UTEXBEL and EURATEX Vice-President
Simona Bonafé MEP
Don’t wait anymore, register for the event!